Help & Support
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Epitome, 35 Dundas Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6QQ.
What do we do with your personal data?
Here at Epitome, we are taking our GDPR responsibilities seriously and are working hard to ensure that your personal data, when processed by us, is properly protected.
When you shop with us, we will collect your name, contact and payment details so that we can fulfil your order. This is part of our contract with you.
When you sign up to receive information about our lovely products, we will collect your email address and put it on our marketing list, which is processed using Campaign Monitor (they are US-based but have safeguards in place via the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework). We will send you emails about our fabulous new stock and you will be the first to hear about sales, offers and exclusive events. This is purely based on your consent for us to send you emails. If you decide that you no longer want to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time.
The only people who see your personal data, apart from us are:
- Our website hosts, MTC, and any IT contractors who might help us with our website.
- Payment Service Providers (e.g. PayPal).
- The Royal Mail and other delivery companies to get the goods to you.
If you have any queries about how we treat your personal data, please contact us at:
35 Dundas Street
UK Customers: 0131 556 5554
International Customers: +44 131 556 5554
Your rights under the GDPR:
- To access your personal data
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data corrected
- To have your personal data erased (in certain circumstances)
- To object to, or restrict, how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data transferred to you, or to another business/provider (in certain circumstances)
We don’t use any automated processing or profiling.
We have cookies on this website which enable you to purchase lovely things and helps the site to function properly. We do not use analytic or tracking cookies. More information on cookies can be found below.
How long we retain your data for
- If you bought something lovely, we will keep details about that financial transaction for 7 years, because we are required to do so by law.
- If you have signed up to our marketing list, we will keep your details unless you tell us to stop. Please note that your email will stay on our “unsubscribe” list so that we don’t email you by accident.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws, trademark laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on this site are our registered and unregistered Trademarks. In addition, page headers, graphics, icons and scripts are our service marks and our protected intellectual property and may not be copied, used or imitated without prior written consent of Epitome. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trademark displayed on this site without our express written permission. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on this site, or any other content on this site is strictly prohibited.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or contents of our site without our permission.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site and the owners of the Trademarks on our site must always be acknowledged.
You are also advised that we will enforce our intellectual property rights to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, or have a concern about our use of your personal data, please contact us here.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) if you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website here.